Deep fried chicken wings served with celery sticks, carrot sticks and a blue cheese dipping sauce. This is a classic appetizer or snack that's found on restaurant menus around the globe. Easy to make, these wings can be prepared at home in about 30 minutes from start to finish.
The wings can be mild, medium, hot or scorching depending on the amount of hot sauce.
Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
4 Large Carrots, peeled
4 Large Celery Stalks, trimmed
4 pounds Chicken Wings, (2 dozen) tips removed, rinsed, and patted dry
1/2 cup Salted Butter
2 tablespoons Tabasco Sauce
1 cup Peanut Oil
1 cup Vegetable Oil
Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Blue Cheese Dip (recipe below)
1. Cut wings at joints with sharp knife. Discard tips.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in Tabasco sauce.
3. Remove from heat and transfer butter mixture to large bowl.
4. Add peanut oil and vegetable oil to large saucepan.
5. Heat oil over medium high heat until very hot, but not smoking.
6. Carefully add chicken pieces in small batches to hot oil with tongs.
7. Cook 10-12 minutes.
8. Remove chicken to plate lined with paper towels to drain.
9. Add wings to large bowl with butter mixture. Toss to coat.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Cut carrots lengthwise and then cut both half lengthwise. Cut quarters into 3-inch sticks
12. Cut celery stalks lengthwise. Cut halves into 3-inch sticks.
13. Serve hot Buffalo wings with carrot and celery sticks, and blue cheese dip.
Blue Cheese Dip
1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup Mayonnaise
3/4 cup coarsely Crumbled Danish Blue Cheese
1 tablespoon Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
2 dashes Tabasco Sauce
1 tablespoon grated Onion
1/2 teaspoon very finely minced Garlic
2 tablespoons chopped Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1. Add sour cream, mayonnaise, crumbled Danish blue cheese, cider vinegar, fresh lemon juice, Tabasco sauce, grated onion, minced Garlic, and chopped fresh parsley.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.